Image Map

What I miss

May 12, 2013

I have dropped off the last 3 days of the Blog Every Day challenge due to starting a new job this week, but I'm back. The prompt for today is something you miss. I contemplated writing about how I miss both of my grandmothers especially with this being Mother's Day. I just don't know if I can go there emotionally today, another time I suppose.

Ten years ago I was gearing up for my last semester of college. I was on the verge of 22 and on the cusp of exiting the cocoon of college into the real world. I had no clue on how much I would yearn for those carefree, mortgage free days later in my life.

My college experience is split into parts- my Florida State beginning (freshman and sophomore years) and my UCF days of being a commuter student. Yep, I was a transfer student junior year. In retrospect my only real regret in life is leaving Florida State because of a boyfriend, but hey Lauren Conrad ditched Paris for Jason and learned her lesson too. Nineteen year old girls make those kinds of mistakes.  

Freshman year 1999 at FSU was one of the better years of my life. I was four hours away from home and everything represented a new experience. I got to partake in all the traditional college things like living in a dorm, football games, knocking on dorm doors to make new friends, and college parties. I made some great friends that first year and one was even a bridesmaid in my wedding and I in hers.


                                        Broward Hall- the scene of so many freshman crazy adventures


I miss the air of possibility that your life has when you are in college. You can still dream big when you only have minimal responsibilities. Now at 31 it seems like I have to tread more carefully. I will always hold a special place in my heart for those college days.

No comments:

Post a Comment