1. I'm thankful for my husband. We have been married for a year and together for almost six years. I am lucky to have a man who loves me for who I am and inspires me to be a better person. All these years later and we are still not tired of each other. Married life isn't perfect, we have our ups and downs, but we make it work.
2. I'm thankful for my family. I love having my parents live in the same city and having dinner with them once a week. They have always been there for me no matter what crazy decision I make. My sister now lives in North Carolina which sucks since I can't see my awesome nephews as much as I would like. But I am learning to really appreciate the times we are in the same city more now.
3. I'm thankful for my current job. They are the first place to give me a chance when I decided to change careers from teaching. I am learning so much about the non-profit world that will serve me well in my new career.
4. I'm thankful for my friends. Some have known me since college like K, and others are newer friends who I met in my days of being a teacher.
5. I'm thankful for my dog Kavalier. He walked into our lives four years ago and filled our house with love. While I don't plan on having kids of my own, he definitely brings out the maternal side of me.