Image Map

Day 4: A favorite quote

May 04, 2013

Today's blog challenge prompt is to pick a favorite quote and talk about why we love the quote. I had trouble narrowing it down to one quote due to my deep love of collecting quotes. I actually have been collecting quotes in my various journals for years (I started journaling in the 9th grade and still have those books). Now thanks to my severe Pinterest addiction I have a board devoted to quotes I love.



I ended choosing this particular quote because of how relevant it is to my life at the moment. I was working as a middle school English teacher for the past 6.5 years (no tenure- just annual contract that means you have to worry every May if you will be rehired) and in the last 2 years I was starting to question my career choice. I didn't go to college with the dream of becoming a teacher, I kind of took a detour into the field of education after graduation. I enjoyed it for the first few years but honestly deep down I always knew that I was not going to dedicate 20 years of my life to the classroom. This past January the stress of the job began to take a physical toll on my health to the point where I chose to leave the profession and take a leap of faith that I would find a better path. A month later I have been offered a great job that I'm excited about and utilizes many of my skills.



No comments:

Post a Comment