Image Map

What do you do?

May 06, 2013

This is Day 6 of the Blog Every Day in May challenge and the question posed today is if you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer what do you do?

What a timely question. For the last 7 years my job title (teacher) defined me to others, just telling people that I was a public school teacher I could see the picture of who I should be start to come up in their heads. In recent years it did not help matters that teachers were considered public enemy number one in the public eye by some people (Fox News, I'm looking at you). Telling someone your occupation was becoming more of a political statement. 

                           

"What do you do?" 

I am a supportive and loving wife to my husband.  I am a part-time aunt (only due to the distance from Florida to North Carolina) to my energetic and adorable nephews. I am a little sister. I am the baby girl (still even after turning 30 ha) to my parents. I try to be a loyal friend. I take care of my dog and probably spoil him. 

I am a writer who has recently reconnected with her writing self via this blog. I am a very amateur poet.  I enjoy dabbling in cooking and love when I make a new recipe that tastes delicious.  

I am just me.


2 comments: