Image Map

Disney stay-cation

October 28, 2013

Friday after work I braved the gnarly I 4 traffic to meet up with my parents who were at Disney for a state convention. My dad is involved in the state Democratic party and this year the convention was held at Disney. Disney stay-cations are one of the perks of living in Orlando. I'm not as enamored with Disney as lot of people I know who move here from up north, but even I love a little Disney magic.
We stayed at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resort which is attached to Disney's Boardwalk. The last time I had been there was for my high school's homecoming dance sophomore year. Yes, it is not uncommon for Orlando high schools to have homecomings or proms at Disney hotels. That is how we roll I guess.

The funniest part of the weekend was at the state party dinner on Saturday night. I was sitting there with my parents when the former governor of Florida is walking around and asks me if I would like to take a photo with him. I even got to thank him for his veto vote against merit pay for all public school teachers that was a big issue back when I was a teacher. He even thanked me for my public service.





Overall it was a fun little local getaway. I got to spend time with my parents which I enjoyed. I know I am lucky to have them in the same city. Funny how the older you get the more you actually like spending time with the parents.

Thank you for the sweet comments on my last post. I definitely appreciated reading them.

3 comments:

  1. You know I love me some Disney! Never stayed at that resort though--- fancyyy!!! :) Glad you had fun with your parents- so true that the older we get the more we appreciate time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so fun! I did the whole intern thing at Disney, so Orlando is like a second home for me :) Looks like you had a great time!

    Brittany (new follower from sami's link up)
    http://infinityampersand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete