Image Map

Things I'm Good At

July 29, 2013

I would recap you my weekend but honestly it was pretty low-key. It is the calm before the storm that will be this weekend with T's graduation and graduation party. I'm in the midst of getting all the little details together for his party and it is a little stressful.

So I'm stealing this blog post idea from the hilarious Whitney @I Wore Yoga Pants instead. I am the kind of person who finds it easier to rattle off a list of things I suck at, so I'm flipping it and looking at the positive.

1. Sleeping. I have an unnatural sleep for naps and sleeping in general. Even in my 30's I still look forward to sleeping in on weekends. I never waste an opportunity to catch up on my sleep.

2. Researching and finding good places to eat when going on vacation.  I discovered this hidden talent on T and I's first trip down to Key West. I was so excited about the trip that I start researching good places to eat and dive bars (oh I love dive bars).  When we finally got down to the Keys my husband was amazed that we had great food at all of my suggested restaurants. So now I am always in charge of researching before a trip. The nerd in me loves it.



3.  I have an uncanny ability to insert my dog's name (Kavalier) into popular song lyrics. I annoy my dog and husband by singing them around the house.



4. Name the life moment or event and I can find the appropriate Sex and the City episode for you.  Moving in with your mate? Watch the episode where Carrie and Aiden move in together and you will appreciate their realistic fights. Having money troubles? Watch the episode where Carrie realizes that she spent all of her money on shoes and now can't buy her apartment.


5. Mastering the art of the over achieving procrastinator. I have a penchant for waiting to do things at the last minute (trust me that was quite interesting in my teacher days) and yet have managed to still be a little over achiever. Those procrastinating ways took me all the way from my undergraduate days to graduating with a masters degree at 29. Guess procrastinating pays off.


Be on the lookout for some changes on the blog. I just got a preview of my new blog design and I love it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment