Image Map

52 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge

October 12, 2015

In the past I have attempted to keep a gratitude journal where on a daily basis I think of things in my life that I am grateful for. I usually keep it up for a week or so before life gets in the way and I forget about it. I love the idea behind taking time to be grateful for what we do have in our lives.


It has been far too easy to get and stay in complain mode. Complain about my lack of success in finding a new position, how expensive things are here in DC, or just comparing myself to other people in general. I feel that this sense of comparison has increased since moving to DC. Here you have an abundance of highly educated people with impressive job titles, and I on the other hand have been going on interviews for a better job with no luck for the past several months. This city makes it hard not to play the compare game.


I stumbled upon this 52 week gratitude challenge on Pinterest and was quickly intrigued. Why not try to take time out every week to remind myself of the good things in my life? I do admit that consistency is not my strong point, but I am going to attempt to blog every week on gratitude. I'm starting this challenge to regain some focus back in my life and break the habit of focusing on what I'm missing rather than what I'm blessed to have.






No comments:

Post a Comment