Image Map

Thanksgiving 2014

December 01, 2014

This Thanksgiving week I had to work Monday-Wednesday and was grateful to have my parents fly in Monday evening and my sister and nephews joined us the next night.  Luckily Northern Virginia is only a 5 hour drive away from her, since she has to split holidays and won't be coming down to Florida for Christmas. DC got a small amount of slushy snow on Wednesday morning while I was busy at work which means I missed my mom freaking out about it while walking around the National Mall. I'm pretty sure her Caribbean blood is not made for snow.


We spent Thanksgiving at the National Zoo and had a traditional turkey dinner in Chinatown. It was definitely cold the last few days here with highs in the 40's. I couldn't help but roll my eyes when I saw people back home complain about 50 degrees on Facebook. Floridians are so funny.  It was nice to have my family up here for a few days and spend quality time with them.  My nephews grow so fast that I try to treasure each visit we have. I can't believe my oldest nephew is about to turn 7 years old. They grow up so fast.



This visit could haven't come at a better time. I'm going through some difficult things right now and having my family around me was just what I needed.  Only 22 days until I go home for Christmas.




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! Glad you got to see your family for the holiday. This weather is all over the place. Even today was nice (aside from the rain tonight). Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to see your family! I don't miss the cold one little bit! Hope things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to see your family. I know you miss them. Turkey in Chinatown sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete