Image Map

I made it!

June 04, 2014

This is the longest I have gone without blogging since I started my little space in the blogsphere last May, and I really did miss writing on here. If you have ever moved out of state before than you completely understand the chaotic nature of my life right now. I had my last day at work on the 23rd which was bittersweet. I worked at a small non-profit where for the most part we all got along with each other and where we laughed often. There is an odd tradition of having Publix (which for you non Floridians is the best grocery store and possibly one of the few food things I'll miss) fried chicken for the last day of any employee and I was no exception. I will always have a fond place in my heart for this job since they were the first place to hire me when I decided that 6 years of teaching was enough for me.


Riding in a U-Haul with T and the dog from Orlando to Northern VA was no small feat. We got stuck in traffic trying to get out of Florida and T kept joking that Florida didn't want us to leave. 13 hours later we arrived at our new home tired and worn-out. I have been here 3 days and so far I think we made the best choice in moving out of Orlando. Career wise this place is loaded with opportunities for T that he would have not access to back in our home state. Luckily for me my work experience is in fields that are found everywhere, at least that is what I keep telling myself.

                               Kavalier exploring the new park near our place.



3 comments:

  1. What an awesome change...so exciting! :) But really...how will you survive without Publix? :p Kidding...can't wait to see how everything goes for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it! Ha, ha one of my friends who moved from Florida raves about Publix :) We are actually getting one in NC soon. You know what you do gain...Wegman's you will have to look it up (there is only one in N. Virginia) and see if it is close. Good luck on getting settled into your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! You did it. Now even more fun begins with setting up and getting yourself acquainted with your new area. I've been to Publix-a long time ago. They have those in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete