Image Map

Things that I'm afraid to tell you

December 16, 2013

This past week I read an incredibly honest blog post written by Kym at Travel Babbles about things you are afraid to post on your blog. As a reader my favorite blog posts are those that go beyond the surface and show us the realness of the blogger. In blog land it is so easy to only put the good things out there and hide the negative. Social media has brought on people presenting themselves in the filter that best presents them, while leaving out the flaws and imperfections. So I'm going to put myself out there and be honest and real. I can't lie, this is a little intimidating but I'm going to go ahead with it.






While I'm happy that I left teaching and was able to get another job, it involved a significant pay cut and it has been taking some getting used to it. Sadly that is the reality for teachers who make the transition out of the field.

I struggle with my body image and accepting my looks. My lack of self-confidence started off in middle school when my older sister blossomed and all the guys went gaga for her. I spent many years feeling less than and still have moments when I struggle to like my looks and body.

I might have career ADD. I majored in English/Journalism in college, then ended up working as an English teacher for 7 years, graduated with my masters degree in school counseling, and now working for an educational profit. I just don't know if I can do the same job for 10-20 years. I feel like I have too many interests.

As much I can't wait to move out of Orlando, there is a small part of me that is scared that it won't work out like my last attempt and I will end up right back here.

Despite being together for several years and living together before getting married I found the first year of marriage to be tough. So many couples talk about how seamless and easy that first year of married life and that was just not the case for us. We love being married but it takes work.


What things are you afraid to talk about on your blog?








3 comments:

  1. Very honest and real post! I can identify with a lot of it. I have serious body image issues that I don't talk about. We all have fears that we just don't want to put out there. I understand. Sometimes it's good to get it out there but only when you are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. well I am in the same boat with work. I have a good paying job now that I am considering leaving to make 1/3 of what I make now. It's hard, but I'd rather be happy with what I am doing than be miserable making more money. =/ Such a hard thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an honest post, and it is so true. Blogland is so easy to make other readers believe you have a "perfect" life, which in most cases isn't so true.

    Thanks for sharing your story

    I'm having a weekend recap linkup on my blog:

    Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete