Image Map

A well-needed break from reality

December 02, 2013

In all honesty I was ready for the holiday weekend on Monday afternoon at work. The last few years I was spoiled by having the whole week off since that is what the school district does down here. One of the few things I do miss from my teaching days. So I was ecstatic when we only had to work a half day on Wednesday, because seriously who was being productive that day? We celebrated the start of our Thanksgiving break with the first Sam Adams Winter Lager of the season. It is not really the holiday season for me until that first taste of delicious beer.


Thanksgiving morning I lounged around, drank hot cocoa, watched the Macy's Parade while the husband played video games, and made stuffing for the family Thanksgiving dinner. I was surprised how simple it turned out to be to make homemade stuffing. It got rave reviews from everyone.
I did not brave any of the Black Friday sales this year. I worked plenty of Black Fridays when I was in my retail days to know the craziness of the crowds and that I want no part of that. Online shopping is so more convenient for me.  I enjoyed low-key moments with my parents, husband, and Kavalier of course. Saturday the Seminoles destroyed the in-state rival Florida Gators and because of that crazy Alabama loss the Seminoles are now ranked number 1!!!!




1 comment:

  1. Your stuffing looks like it turned out delicious!

    Also...we're #1! A well deserved position if I do say so myself. Bring on Duke for the ACC Championship!

    ReplyDelete