Image Map

Summer = me time

July 19, 2012

As a teacher it is a natural assumption to believe that I love my summers off. Yes it the frequently most mentioned perk of the job, and no we do not get a paycheck during the summer. It would be a pretty sweet gig if we did! What I really enjoy about this pocket of downtime is that I get to slow down from the hectic pace of life and focus on the things I love and which are easy to neglect during the school year.

1. I get to spend lots of quality time with my dog. Isn't he cute? I think he likes having me off for 2 months as well.

2. I've had time to reconnect with my writing side. Putting words on paper has been a part of my life since I started keeping a diary in elementary school which then progressed into keeping a journal and my first attempts at poetry at 14. I majored in English and Journalism in college and even worked as a staff writer for the campus newspaper my junior and senior year. So writing was for a long time a central part of my life, then came a busy full-time teaching job and my free time for writing disappeared.  This summer I have realized how much I miss having a creative outlet and have worked on getting back into my writing groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment