Image Map

DC bucket list

January 26, 2015

I admit that I love making lists. I'm not sure if it is my Virgo nature or just part of my personality but I enjoy creating all kinds of lists. So when we moved to the DC metro area this past summer it didn't take me long to put together a DC bucket list of sorts. Truth is that this area is known for being transient and we probably won't be here forever, but I would hate to leave without exploring all I can of the region. So this is the working list so far of what I must see and do while living in DC.



1. George Washington's Mount Vernon home in Alexandria, VA

2. Manassas Battlefield Park- Manassas, VA (completed)

3. Monticello/Charlottesville day trip (completed)

4. Richmond, Va day trip/ Poe museum #2

5. National Zoo -Washington DC  (completed)

6. Gettysburg National Park

7. Fredericksburg, VA battlefields (completed)

8. Visit Eastern Market in the Hill district of DC (completed twice and love it)

9. Tour of the NPR headquarters

10. Have an authentic DC brunch (completed)

11. Brave the line at Georgetown Cupcakes

12. Explore the Del Ray neighborhood in Alexandria  (completed)

13. Visit Shenandoah National Park (completed)

14. Visit the Supreme Court

15.  Make a Philly day trip

16. Visit National Harbor in Maryland

17.  See the MLK memorial

18. Visit the National Cathedral

19.  National Museum of the American Indian (completed and disappointed)

20. Fredrick Douglass house tour

21. Visit Great Falls Park

22. Have a night cap at Lincoln Memorial like in the movies

23. Annapolis day trip

24. Explore all the DC neighborhoods

25. Take a picture in front of the Einstein memorial

Any suggestions for my DC must see list?




2 comments:

  1. I'd love to do the Fredrick Douglass House tour. When we went it was raining and we only had one day to spend there so I know we missed out on a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to visit the area, I hope you make it to all 25 items on the list.

    ReplyDelete