Image Map

Let me introduce myself

April 21, 2013


I figured since my blog is brand new it would be a good time to tell you a little more about myself. I have toyed with the idea of starting a blog for years now and finally decided to stop stalking all the awesome blogs out there and make my own.

1. I grew up in Mickey Mouse’s backyard (aka Orlando, FL) and I am one of the rare Orlando natives. For those of you not in Florida, many of the residents of the Sunshine State move down from other states and seem surprised to meet one of us local folks.

2. I may not look it but I am fluent in Spanish. My mom was born and raised in Puerto Rico and my father moved from New York to PR when he was 7. I am very proud of my Hispanic culture even if I look like more white girl than J.Lo.

                            This is from my last trip to San Juan, PR with my parents in 2009.

3. I am what I call athletically challenged, yet love watching sports. My team is the Florida State Seminoles since I went there back in the day. I heart my Noles. I just recently got into fantasy football and love it despite my losing record.



4. My love for 90’s music knows no bounds. I graduated high school in 1999 and I’m convinced that blasting 90’s music can lift me out of a bad mood.

5. I am a newlywed. I got married on 11/10/12 after dating for almost 5 years. I first met my now husband in June 2006 at one of my high school friend’s birthday get- together. I was 3 weeks out from a rough break-up and he was living in Indiana. So yeah, not love at first sight. It would take another year and birthday of our mutual friend for us to make a connection. 

5. I changed my major a few times before declaring it as English. I started off as a Psychology, went undecided, contemplated Sociology for a second, got interested in Journalism and upon my advisor’s advice I majored in English. I love writing and reading so it seemed like a natural choice. After I graduated college and was slapped by reality, I became a cliché and taught middle school English for almost 7 years.

6. I am a proud dog mommy. His name is Kavalier (named after a character in a book, hey we love books) and he is a black lab/border collie mix. We rescued him back in November 2009.  Also I’m one of those annoying moms with an iPhone filled with pictures of dogs, I can’t help it.




7. I have a case of the wanderlust. I love traveling and look at a map of the world as places I want to explore. I have yet to travel to Europe, Africa, or Asia. I have traveled to Puerto Rico (many times), Mexico, Jamaica, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Key West (my favorite part of FL), NYC, Boston, Philly, DC, Virginia, North Carolina, and Atlanta. I really want to visit Austin, Portland, and Seattle soon.

 I went to the Jon Stewart Rally in Washington DC in 2010. 





No comments:

Post a Comment